Is It Necessary to Uninstall Norton Security Before Installing Norton 360
If you want o upgrade your Norton product from one version to other like if you have Norton internet security and you want to install Norton 360 then its recommended to uninstall the previous version of the Norton product, because sometimes the files of previous version conflicts with the new Norton product.
How to uninstall the Previous version of Norton
In order to uninstall the previous version please follow steps below:
- Go to control panel of your computer.
- Navigate to programs files.
- Find Norton setup and click on it.
- It will ask to completely remove & keeps system files.
- Click on completes remove and wait to uninstall the Norton completely.
- Now restart your computer otherwise new version wont be installed.
If you want to upgrade same product with different version then it is not necessary to uninstall the Norton product because it will automatically replaces the files in the Norton destination folders.